Thursday, August 20, 2009

A custom skant - 2 choices!

I had a request for a wool skant that would fit a 12-18 month old. I came up with two options.

Number one: gray rib-knit 100% wool skirt & pants, with pinky-melon cable knit 100% cashmere for the full lining (oh so soft!) I had a problem with this one; after I cut it out I noticed a tiny hole in the wool right in the front of the skirt. I stitched it closed, but the stitching was too obvious for me. So I hid it with a little flower made from felted pink wool and a button. Just one flower looked weird, so I added seven more! The flowers are only on the front side.





Then I made another one. This was was a light blue cable-knit sweater (80% wool, 20% nylon). It is fully lined inside the pants with a soft cream colored 70% wool, 20% angora, 10% nylon sweater. Very cozy and warm.




No comments: